Sunday, August 14, 2011

Czech Dumplings

My friend Suzanna invited me to a Czech Dumpling party! What a splendid idea!!! Czech fruit dumplings are traditionally made to use up all of the harvested fruits. Suzanna made these dumplings with fresh apricots and plums. She even veganized the recipe for me. These Czech dumplings are so good. I have to admit that I wanted to try 1 dumpling the traditional Czech way so I had one with melted butter and a little cream cheese on it (the traditional Czech way).

On the topic of the Czech Republic, I met a woman at a vegetarian social dinner who returned home to Prague, a vegan. She found that it was difficult to abstain from the treats of her childhood because they tended to be non-vegan. I wonder if she'd have some of these scrumptious deserts which according to Suzanna can be eaten as a meal.

Also, in the September-October 2010 issue of VegNews, a sister Erica Anne Franklin visits the Czech capital of Prague reporting on its vegan goodness. You can read the article here.



Tasty sprinkled with black poppyseeds and icing sugar.


This dumpling is plum. Yum!

No comments: