Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thyroid Cancer Continues to Rise

It is still a shock for me to know that thyroid cancer is still a rare cancer. This is particularly odd since I know of at least 5 people, not in any of my cancer support or resource organizations, who have had thyroid cancer. On the Global TV site, they indicate that while most cancer rates have decreased, thyroid cancer is rising at a rate of more than 10%.

I have attached the Global TV clip featuring Lindsay, one of the survivors I have met who shares my journey. Coincidentally, Lindsay worked with a friend of mine and her sister years ago. (I did not discover this until months after meeting Lindsay.) She is quite a resourceful and informed "exceptional patient" (a la Love, Medicine, and Miracles by Bernie Siegel) featured in my post, Wellspring Thyroid Patients' Forum June 14.

No comments: