Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 4 of Isolation (An Easter to Remember)


Moderator's Easter Message 2011

Lent is over and today I celebrate Easter. As I called it yesterday, this will be an Easter to remember. I'm still in isolation for one more day and then tomorrow I can see people and my cats but only at a distance. I post the Moderator's Easter Message because I am inspired by it and I found it powerful. The moderator quotes Fr. Richard Rohr who says if we don't transform pain, it is transmitted. She goes on to say that If pain is to be transformed it requires, social justice, honesty, compassion, peace, and humility. Although I have experienced pain through different aspects of my thyroid cancer journey, I wish to transform it into something positive, uplifting, healing, spiritual, and creative. For those of you celebrating Easter, I hope you are having a blessed and peaceful weekend and day. And for those not celebrating Easter, I hope you find rest and relaxation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a powerful reflection...thanks for sharing. Thinking and praying for you as you end your isolation.

Blue Butterfly said...

Thanks Susie. I am glad you got something out of the post. I thought of you when I posted the Bon Jovi song. (Look at Radioactive Playlist 2.)