Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pearls of Wisdom

Today was an amazingly full day. I'm exhausted but in such a good way. I love Newfoundland so far. The pace at this retreat location is much slower and healing. The facilitators were kind enough to build in a lot of breaks and space in this day. The past two days we have spent opening up (like a door), talking about the most important issues that we are facing. Honey, let me tell you. Young adult cancer patients are fierce, genuine, and funny. I have shared lots of tears as well as laughs so far. So many pearls of wisdom!!! Took lots of photographs too of beautiful things which I will post soon. Yesterday, I went on a walk with some of the participants to a stunning lookout point. There I saw snow-capped mountains open out to the Atlantic Ocean with a huge drop below. Yesterday, I watched the sunset over the Atlantic. I've meditated each morning. I feel my body healing. Today, we walked for 1 1/2 hours to see the lighthouse at Lobster Cove. On the way there, I got tired and slowed down. (In fact, at several points, I had to take a breather and pause.) We walked up a path to take more photos. And by the time I got to the lighthouse, I was excited (but so exhausted too). And whether some of us walked all the way or took the van part of the way or the full way, we all made it to the lighthouse (although some needed to sleep). I came back to the hotel for a quick nap and then there was dinner. We wrapped up and since I'm still tired, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Ilse said...

Newfoundland is such a beautiful place. I will be there in a couple of weeks! I wish you all the best on your journey of healing xo