Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bandy Bandy


Zap Mama & Erykah Badu - Bandy Bandy

"Take the time... take a breath... 'til you feel your soul awake." I'm not quite sure what Bandy Bandy is but it sounds like they are talking about self-healing and self-care to me. This song was posted on facebook by a professor friend. The first time I saw Zap Mama was years ago on Sesame Street and they (there were 3 members) sounded nothing like anything I've ever heard before. They were doing an a capella merry-go-round with Big Bird. Kind of like a Afro-European female Bobby McFerrin. It was beautiful but eery. I saw Zap Mama perform with Les Nubians, my favourite group at the time, in 2003 in Toronto. What a great show! As for Erykah Badu, I'm a die-hard fan and love her creativity, eccentricity, and livity. I have all of her CDs. So when I saw this post and never heard this song before, I definitely needed to share it. What a combination of talents! We all could use a little Bandy Bandy!

"Any time of day... Any place... if you are feeling down... just do what you need. In the morning time... in the afternoon... in the cool evening breeze."

No comments: