Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ebb and Flow

Ebb & Flow - Storytelling For Cancer Survivors from Hands On Films on Vimeo.



Ebb and Flow is a new short film about surviving cancer as a young adult. Co-directed by Mike Lang, a Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor who was also featured in Wrong Way to Hope, Ebb and Flow is about the Five Phases of the cancer as story structure. You may recall in my post Stories Lead to Wisdom on July 22, I encouraged you to donate to the making of this film. I am proud to have contributed to this project (my name is in the credits at 13:10). I also see the familiar faces of survivors who I got to know through the YACC retreat, conference, and support groups. One face you may recognize is Christina Caverly who I featured in my post, Jaunt in St. John's. I admire her honesty about her cancer experience as well as her strength and courage. I agree with her that I feel that cancer has made me a better person which is a totally weird thing to say. I think it has given me permission to be vulnerable, establish boundaries, and take care of myself, as well as find a renewed inner strength. I applaud Mike and Bonnie Lang's efforts for sharing these stories. Great job.

Christina and I


Mike Lang

No comments: