Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waiting for Whole Body Scan Results Playlist #6


Seal - Don´t Make Me Wait - Paris - Legenda em Português

I chose this song from Seal's self-titled album Seal IV released in 2003. I love that chocolate smooth voice and I was probably the only Seal fan in my high school. (I loved Seal before Heidi Klum and the "Kiss from A Rose". Even before "Prayer for the Dying" and "Newborn Friend" in 1994. I'm talking about "Crazy" Seal in 1991 and "Killer" Seal in 1990 or rather Adamski.) I love Seal for his angsty and brooding tunes and really identified with him. He seemed like a loner, he always wore black, and I thought he was sexy and his facial scars only added to his appeal. Plus he is a Black Brit (like Estelle, read #5 on my playlist) so he has a cool accent. And he seemed unique: a black man playing acoustic guitar tunes heard on Seal (released in 1994, my first Seal album or cassette tape, rather). (Well, there were other famous Black male guitarists. Bob Marley... I can't think of any more but I know there are more... NOTE: My fiance laughs at me when I read this to him because he says there are so many like BB King, Jimi Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Lenny Kravitz, George Benson, Ernest Ranglin,... the list goes on and I know each of these artists. I feel like a dolt. LOL.) I even had an outfit that my sister nicknamed my "Seal outfit" which was black leather pants and a fitted black shirt with white pinstripes and buttons.

"Don't Make Me Wait" seemed so fitting. I love the blue lighting in this live Paris performance and the simplicity of the piano (played in deep jazzy chords) is delicious. I am tired of waiting and it won't be until tomorrow (at the earliest) to get my results. I will call my endo #4 back and if I don't speak with him, I am e-mailing/calling the radiologist at the hospital. (She seemed pretty cool.) Here are some lyrics from this tune that really spoke to me:

Are we tired of feeling blue...
Don't make me wait long
Sounds like a sad song of mine...

Okay, the rest of the lyrics don't really apply because it's talking about a relationship but which song doesn't. Interesting that he first line of this song is "Are we tired of feeling blue" It's very similar to his other song that I almost picked for this playlist released on the same album (Seal IV) called "Waiting for you":

Everyday, a shade of blue
You won't believe
What I'm going through
It just feels like I can't afford to let myself go
No, oohooo no...

Well, I love blue. It's my favourite colour and his been used to signify everything from sadness and depression to creativity to children to wealth to peacefulness to water. And I guess blue can be all of these things put together.

On another note, I have been finding a lot of blue butterflies around me. I have been photographing them and will post them soon.

No comments: